"82 missed appointments"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

We recently visited North Manchester infectious diseases department. My partner has been desperately unwell. We had been treated previously here and was very weary of coming back. The diagnosis we received from North Manchester infectious diseases has been brought into question and we were given a 8 week wait to see a consultant. I was therefore horrified that upon the visit we discovered that there was 82 missed appointments the previous month. I had rang up pretty much every week day enquiring about cancellations, I was promptly told each time there wasn't. So where has the figure 82 come from. Mid air? You don't get referred to infectious diseases every day of the week so you would think cancellations would be far to come by so where's the 82 come from? Am I able to obtain a freedom of information to discover more about the number of missed appointments and where they come from. Do the staff at admissions get promptly told so they can fill the void.?

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your needs.

We strive at all times to deliver the highest possible standard of care. We will use your comments to make improvements and forward your comments to the relevant area.

Regards