"Out patient appointment 20th August 2015"

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

On arrival for my app at 11:30, I check in at the day hospital as directed and show my letter to the receptionist. The receptionist informs me that my app had been changed to the 18aug 2015!

I have been marked down as DNA and discharged! The receptionist asked if I had been informed of this change? If I had I would not be here today! I had not received any form of communication to inform me of this change.

The receptionist was very helpful by contacting the consultants secretary who apologised for this error and will send me a new app.

My issue is, I am waiting results, I am sick with worry and was hoping I would receive this information today!

I now have to wait again which feels like an eternity, worrying and trying to stay focused.

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that your appointment was changed and that you were not informed. As the Service Manager for Neurology I will look into the process we have for cancelling Outpatients clinics.

I understand how worrying it is for you to wait for your test results and I would suggest you contact the Neurology Medical Secretary as she may have access to the results.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns via the switchboard on 01895 238282

Lesley Dowie, Service Manager