"Experience of an MRI"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

I was to get another MRI after having one previously done several weeks ago. I am very claustrophobic and have experienced panic before when getting an MRI. When I attended the hospital I explained to the staff that I was very nervous. They were very patient, caring and attentive. The whole process took around 2 hours and the nurses were all excellent. Without them I truly would not have manages to carry out this important procedure.

Dear Weebear,

Thank you so much for writing in to tell me about the brilliant care you had from the nurses who looked after you during your MRI. I know this can be a really nerve-wracking experience for many people (stories have been shared before on Patient Opinion not only about the space, but the noise of the machine) and so this extra support from the staff makes such a difference.

Your kind words have been passed on to the team, and I'd like to thank you again for taking the time to give them your feedback.

Best Wishes,

• Weebear thinks this response is helpful