"My experience of being pregnant and seeing midwife."

About: Cumbernauld Community Maternity The Princess Royal Maternity Unit / Maternity

I have had a great pregnancy ad a large part of that is down to the professionalism and care of my Midwife Suzi Sheeren. She never rushes appointments even though shes under pressure to see other patients, I feel I can ask anything or bring up any issues. I can also call anytime in between apppointments and even when Suzi has been off, another midwife has always got back to me by the end of the day.

I had my Son 4 years ago but was living in Bonnybridge and therefore was attending Stirling/Forth Valley and I find this time round I am alot more informed of whats going on and I feel Suzi is a little more thorough than my previous Midwife which is so reassuring.

It makes a big difference when you feel someone genuinely cares about you and your baby.

Response from Maureen McSherry, Consultant Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear lilli

I am pleased to hear you have had a more positive relationship in this pregnancy with your community midwife. It is always reassuring to know that you have a midwife who is professional and approachable and I will of course pass on your kind comments to suzi sheerin.

It is important that every woman should know how to seek advice and guidance if her midwife is not available, and it is evident suzi has made sure that you do know who to contact.

I am confident that the entire community midwife team in Cumbernauld will be pleased to read your compliments.