"stress free"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I had to visit A&E department today after a fall at work.

I was attended to straight away by a very polite and respectful receptionist who took my details and gave me a timescale of my visit.

I had just enough time to make a quick call to my wife and then was politely asked to attend triage, the same caring attitude was extended to me by the triage nurse, not ten minutes later I was seen by a very nice doctor who examined me from top to bottom and gave me excellent advice and reassurance along with medication for my pain.

I am very impressed with the speed and courtesy of each member of staff at Durham university Hospital that attended to me.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Dear Mr Huntingdon

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the A&E department at the University Hospital of North Durham.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team