About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

After several phone calls between doctor and hospitals. I was sent from Aintree hospital to Liverpool to collect prescriptions for mouthwash. This was meant to be the quickest way of getting the medication!

What a farce!

Porters delivered the prescription to pharmacy where it was filed in a cabinet instead of being made up. That's where it was when I arrived to collect it. I was then told that they would make it up but it would take over an hour to put together. When I complained I was told by a pharmacist it would be done straight away. It still wasn't half an hour later when I had to leave. I left empty handed without the medication.

Staff where uphelpful and uncaring they tried to put the mistake in the patients hand. I followed the correct procedures they didn't and this was pointed out to them. Totally failed in there duty of care to the patient.

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience in our hospital. We would like to find out more from you so we can investigate your concerns properly. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to help. You can contact them by phoning 0151706 4903/2265, via complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk or typetalk 18001 0151 706 4903/2265.