"Caring & truly dedicated staff"

About: Pendle Community Hospital

After my mother was transferred here after her stroke, we were immediately reassured by the staff on Marsden ward.

The staff want to get to know the patient and family to aid the recuperation process and cannot do enough to help. Everyone from the healthcare assistants to the ward manager greet us with smiles on our daily visits, which makes the idea of a long recovery easier to deal with.

Response from Pendle Community Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding the care provided on Marsden Ward at Pendle Community Hospital following your mother’s admission, and thank-you for taking the time to do so.

It is pleasing to receive such lovely feedback about our staff and I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your experience was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to speak with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand what made this such a positive experience we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals.

You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator