"Shining Star"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I had the pleasure of assisting a patient living with Dementia for a weekend Ophthalmology appointment last Saturday, the member of staff on reception went above and beyond in making us welcome, assessing our needs even to the point of offering the patient half their lunch when they realised I had no money for food/drinks while awaiting transport back to our residential home (as my escort duties were unexpected I had neither money/phone nor a packed lunch on my person)

Every member of staff on duty saw the person and not the condition, making the patient feel safe, secure and valued.

The NSL designated taxi driver for our return journey back to Sleaford on hearing 'My patient's love of Welsh Choir music, accessed the music much to 'My patient's delight, making them very happy.

I can not thank all involved enough for making the whole experience for 'My patient' in their own words "magic". Although I wish to remain anonymous to protect 'My patient's' identity please accept my sincere thanks and gratitude for a very pleasant experience.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

I was delighted to hear aboutthe very positive experience that you and your patient had on Saturday.It is always wonderful to hear about our staff going the extra mile forpatients, especially for those who need a little extra reassurance and support.

I have passed on personal thanks to the Receptionist and also to ‘Steve’the taxi driver whose thoughtfulness clearly made a huge difference for youboth. I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about yourexperience and providing the staff with a positive boost.

Many thanks