"Bothered about leaving my hubby in they're care"

About: Salford Royal

Visited today to the lady well building .. On arrival no receptionist so we walked through the door . No one there either just a waiting room. We hadn't checked in with anyone so how could we "wait" ... An auxiliary then cMe in and I asked where should we be and who do we check in with ? My questions were met with disapproval and a comment about how they " doesn't really work in this part and was just helping out" and for further visits should we need them the "reception is not usually manned so just look for someone"

My hubby is due an op at this hospital next week and I am concerns that other staff will not be bothered either .. I so wish he was having the op nearer home but has to have it here as they have "specialist nurses" ... God help him if they are like the person that was supposed to help him today

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear about this incident and would like an opportunity to explore this further so that we can find out what happened and so try to ensure that a situation like this does not happen in the future.

Please could you contact our PALS service and let them know which clinic you and your husband were visiting so this can be investigated further?

The PALS service can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or email on pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you.