"Help I had at 'Bumps to Babies'"

About: Abbey and Lady Bay Children's Centre

My baby was born prematurely and then became very ill and I was not coping: I was frightened to leave the house in case he got cold; I was struggling to come to terms with the guilt that came with being unable to breast feed and I felt utterly depressed and in pieces.

Bumps to Babies was the first place I went to, when my boy was five weeks old and not long out of hospital. I was made to feel incredibly welcome and there was nothing but friendliness and respect with absolutely no judgement. Amanda remembered my son's name and gave him compliments, which made me feel almost human again. This baby group saved my life: I'd turn up frazzled and in tears and was always helped. I even snuck along to the breast feeding advice just to talk to people! I re- learnt all the children's songs that I'd forgotten over time and talked to other mums about our struggles. I'm gradually getting over the traumas of those early days but I would have been lost without this group.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear Mummy of a very happy baby,

Wow! what a fantastic story. I am so pleased to that you and your baby are doing well and enjoying your journey to be a happy family together.

Your story is amazing and the hurdles you have managed to conquer are a credit to you. It's great hear that the staff at the Children's Centre have been extremely supportive and have given the right amount of support tailored to you and your needs.

May I wish you and your baby a very happy time together while making lots of new friends and support networks.

Stories like yours make it all worth while, Thank you.

• Mummy of a happy baby thinks this response is helpful