"Inspirational eating disorders day unit and outpatient team"

About: Springfield University Hospital

(as a student nurse),

The eating disorders day unit and outpatient team have been an inspiration to me and my interest of eating disorders. While the work is challenging in this specialised area, the expectations were there for me to enhance my knowledge of eating disorders.

Also, the service users are very much involved in decisions about their care and seem to really value the input and relationships they have with their key worker / care co-ordinator.

From my experience the whole service is a credit to supporting people living with an eating disorder.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Bettr8,

my name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of working in our service and I am delighted to read that you found it so inspiring and valuable.

I will ensure that your kind words are passed onto the staff in the service and would like to wish you well in your continuting studies.