"Thank you Heartlands"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I hadn't been admitted to hospital before but was admitted to Heartlands this year and ended up being treated by various different teams. I received good treatment at each stage and the staff helped and reassured me during a worrying time.

I was admitted to the respiratory ward via A&E in February, 6 months pregnant with a DVT and suspected PE. As a result of the admission I was referred to the day assessment unit at the Princess of Wales Unit for treatment for OC, and to the obstetrics and haemotology clinic to monitor the DVT.

The A&E staff and the respiratory team were very thorough and reassuring. The consultants in the obstetrics and haematology clinic were also very good. I'd like to say a big thank you to the the day assessment unit as they were really caring and couldn't do enough to help.

I went on to have my baby at Heartlands in May and received good treatment. Following the birth I had follow up checks, arranged by the hospital at the haematology and respiratory clinics which was very reassuring.

Thank you Heartlands, you have a lot of great staff across the board and had confidence that I was being treated by people with the best expertise.

Dear Jenny

Thank you so much for your post regarding your experience and ongoing treatment at Heartlands Hospital under the Respiratory, Haematology and Obstetrics Teams.

I am so pleased to read that your received good care at all stages and were kept well informed throughout.

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby in May and hope you and baby are continuing to do well.

I will ensure that your comments are forwarded to all of the areas and specialities you have mentioned and I am sure they will all be thrilled to read your feedback.

With kind regards