"my mums treatment"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

A month ago my mum had major heart surgery. Then last weekend she was rushed back in hospital as she was losing blood and vomiting. It took 2 days to for them to say kidney infection. Then gave her meds that made her sick despite being told she had a stomach ulcer. Then admitted giving her wrong meds. She has now gone nearly 4 days with no food or water. I had to threaten official complaint to get them to call a doctor. There are loads to add to this story. She is in East surrey hospital brockham ward.

Response from David Heller, Chief Pharmacist, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear kst12

I'm really sorry that your Mum has had this experience. Please get in touch with me david.heller@sash.nhs.uk or, if you prefer, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) pals@sash.nhs.uk so that we have your Mum's details, can look into this and ensure that the right people are involved.

Update posted by kst12 (a relative)

I have left messages with PALS at East Surrey Hospital, and they have not got back to me!! I have asked them to call me. So perhaps David Heller you could try calling me??

I understand that you are in contact with our Complaints Team, so I've agreed to leave it with them.

David Heller