"appointments are a nightmare"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I have been under the neuropthalmolgy team for 6 years.

Then team themselves are amazing and really go into detail about my condition and are very supportive.

Getting follow up appointments are a nightmare!!!!

For 6 years i have had to ring up and chase for appointments today being no exception.

I understand the demand for this service its just that when i ring upo saying i am not well and need to see my consultant i get told you should have come sooner .........

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry to learn that you are having so much difficulty in getting follow up appointments. Would you be able to provide personal details so that we can look into this matter and respond to you? You can do this by emailing our Patient Services Team at pst@sth.nhs.uk or by phoning a member of the team on 0114 271 2400 and they will be pleased to take your details so that we then have an opportunity to investigate your case. Kind regards

Further to your posting, the service have advised that thereare ongoing capacity issues however, the Trust are planning additional sessions in order to overcome this. Your comments regarding the poor experience have also been relayed to the booking staff in order that they can look at ways of improving their service.