"Telephone System"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

Very very poor performance - lost calls and being put through to the wrong extension/department several times in 20 minutes....

Most dissatisfied given I was enquiring about the welfare of a chap who had been taken in to the QE for a suspected heart attack and his sister who is currently overseas was waiting for me to tell her how he was doing....

An hour has now passed and I still have only spoken to the switchboard operator and people who are in every department but the one I need to speak to.

I also do not like the telephone been put down on me when I ask why they cannot direct my call correctly.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

The telephone system is managed within the parameters of the contractual agreement that ISS have with the Greenwich & Lewisham Trust and there are occasions when there are technical problems with the system that can result in a delay to the callers being placed through to the department/ward of their choice.

All Switchboard Operators are experienced with the system and ensure, where possible that the calls is dealt with in a timely and efficient manner to prevent delayed and inconvenience to the caller.

________________________________________