"What a breath of fresh air for nhs services"

About: Cromer Hospital

Wow - what an amazing service that the minor injuries dept offers. Went in with eye injury - waited a few minutes to be seen by lovely, thoughtful nurse. They offered me a local anaesthetic before checking my eye and sorted an appointment at Norwich's eye clinic immediately .

This is the best service I have ever had from a nhs service. My question is, why can't more nhs localities offer such an excellent service?

The service at Norwich was awful - painful examination, no explanation of what was wrong with my eye and worse still , told I needed urgent medication but the dispensary was closed ( by literally 2 minutes). Told to visit as many chemists as I could till I found the medication I needed, since my eyesight would be affected if I didn't start immediate treatment. Norwich eye clinic should be inspected - terrible, inefficient service . Cromer is the gold star of the nhs.

Thank you for telling us about your experiences of the minor injuries service and the eye clinic. We will ensure that both teams receive your feedback.