"Opal Ward Is a Joke"

The staff at this facilty were very unproffessional in sense that they had no sympathy or genuine intrest in the patients or the family visiting. They had no general knoweldge of the disease that my mother had and the requirements she needed. Its was easy to see that they had no empathy for the people they were caring and they are just sticking the patients in there rooms to become bored and frustrated.

From what i could see its very empty and plain with no activities or things to do.

Whilst visitng I had asked several times for them give me some sort of update on how she has been doing or for information and important numbers so i can keep in contact with what exactly is going on.

It's obvious the carers have no idea and they were all in the office chatting and talking whilst patients were on there own in the corridors and we could see them ignoring us through the glass windows in the office, they were treating it like a social get together rather than a serious place that deals with very unwell people.

Overall this is a horrible place to be and i'm extremely angry. I would like to take my mother out of here asap but they failed to give me any appropriate number or infomation for me to conact.

Things need to be Changed !

Response from Langley Green Hospital

Dear Writer,

My name is Emma Wadey and I am the Director of Nursing Standards & Strategy with Sussex Partnership.

I was saddened to read of your experience and I know that the staff at Langley Green will be too.

If you wish, I would like to talk to you further to get more detail of your experience as this is clearly not the service we are seeking to provide.

My telephone number is 07738 757015 and my e-mail is emma.wadey@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk.

I look forward to talking to you soon.

With best wishes