"Mixed standards."

About: Barnet General Hospital

The care and thoroughness of all staff I encountered in A & E were second to none, and I was very grateful.

The only fault was that three out of the four toilets accessible in that department were out of order for the five hours I was there, which was pretty bad.

However, I am shocked to learn that a barium investigation they, themselves, recommended as "urgent" has not yet, two weeks later, even been read, let alone reported to my G.P. It seems the wonderful care of the staff at the sharp edge is wasted, if those responsible for inspecting and reporting the results can't be bothered to fulfil their part of the job.

This cavalier attitude is iniquitous, and very dangerous.

Response from Barnet General Hospital

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry that while you experienced excellent care from our staff, you were disappointed with some of the facilities and at the speed at which your investigations have been scheduled. We would be happy to look into this further for you and if you'd like to email rf.pals@nhs.net and explain the situation, they will be able to help you further.