"Rampton Time"

About: Rampton Hospital

(as a service user),

This dysfunctional ward I am located on doesn't have a communal lavatory.

So, when there aren't enough staff to man the whole ward, I suffered very much. I've even wet myself once.

They keep saying things will change, but "things" never do. Still no sign of a communal toilet being installed. Some days we didn't get access to fresh air at all. I've received other patients notes regularly, and other breaches of confidentiality.

We've got a new manager on our ward, the are trying to make things better, but they don't have enough time to do everything. The new manager is very caring and supportive, they mean well. I hope changes happen sooner rather than 'Rampton Time.'

I think we should have therapeutic meals with staff, canteen shuts very early and some of them don't eat, they are so busy. I've been given wrong tablets on some occasions. One member of staff told me not to mind and that we all make mistakes

Response from Martina Griffiths, Modern Matron/Senior Nurse, The Peaks Unit, Rampton Hospital, Rampton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, although I am sorry to hear that your experience of services at Rampton Hospital is not all positive.

We are always keen to get both positive and negative feedback from patients, carers and staff in various ways as this helps us to continuously review and improve the services that we provide.

I will ensure that your comments and feedback is shared amongst our senior management team and we will then notify you of the changes we are planning in response to your concerns.

Response from Annett Magore, Senior Nurse/Modern Matron , Men's Personality Disorder and National High Secure Women's Services Directorate Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

In ward community meetings across the Personality Disorder Services it was agreed that paitients would have access to their individual toilets in their single en-suite rooms. This would facilitate safeguarding and protection against anti-bullying behaviours. All patients conceded that communal toilets were not required.

The senior managment team reiterated in the Directorate User Group Forums that patients and staff had discussed and agreed that the use of individual toiltes would contribute positively to healthy community living.

the compassionate ward managers will continue to work collaboratively with patients and front line staff to resolve local issues.