"Breastfeeding Support Group"

About: Abbey and Lady Bay Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

When my daughter was 3 days old we attended the breastfeeding support group at the West Bridgford YPC. I was really unsure in the early days and the emotional and practical support I received in that first week was invaluable. My daughter is now 12 weeks old, breastfeeding is going really well and we still attend the group most weeks for a bit of a chat. That kind of support for mums who are unsure about feeding can make the difference between successful feeding and giving up.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear WestBridgfordMum,

Thank you for posting your comments on this forum, it is always great to hear from mums like yourself who have received fantastic support from their Children's Centre. I know the staff work very hard to ensure that all mums are given the right support in matters like the one you have shared.

I hope you continue to access the support and services on offer so that you and your baby have the best posible start together.