"Visit to A&E 3 & 5 Aug 2015"

About: Basildon University Hospital

On 3rd Aug I had to take my dad to A&E. This was my first experience of an A&E visit and my fears were completely removed following our experience. It was efficiently run from check in to discharge. Having arrived just after midnight and leaving just before 5am the wait time was fairly quick to see a doctor, around 1 hour wait. All tests were undertaken quickly and diagnoses and treatment quickly administered. At all times my dad was treated with kindness and kept informed of next steps. I cannot praise and thank the staff on duty that night enough. We did have to make a follow up visit on 5 Aug, for which the service and experience was the same, infact many of the staff we saw on the early hours of Monday morning were also on duty on 5 Aug.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that your recent experience of care in the emergency department at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will share your kind words with the staff in the department.

They work very hard, often in difficult circumstances, and will be very grateful for your feedback.