"Ultrasound appointment"

About: Barnet General Hospital

Impossible to get through to the ultrasound department despite being given a patient information sheet from the GP saying to call if you don't hear from them in two weeks.

When I called the switchboard to see if they could put me through they said there was no number so you have to email.

I would love to know what you are meant to do if you have no access to a computer.

When I asked how long after that you should expect to wait they said they had no way of knowing.

I had already emailed and don't have much faith that I will be sent an appointment when one had already been requested via the GP last month.

Maybe I will actually go to the hospital to speak to the department.

Not great if it comes to that and no guarantee that I would even get to speak to someone.

Response from Barnet General Hospital

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble contacting our ultrasound department. Please do get in touch with our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) on 020 8216 4924 or bcfpals@nhs.net and they will be happy to help you. More info about PALS can be found here: https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/contact-us/patient-advice-and-liaison-service/