"Thank goodness for the NHS and Totnes MIU!"

About: Totnes Hospital

Visited the MIU this morning with a badly sprained ankle. I was seen quickly and left feeling I'd had superb service. The lovely staff nurse who saw me was evidently highly skilled and knowledgeable. They were incredibly thorough, taking a full history, extensive examination, and took time and trouble in explaining fully what I had done and the best way of managing it. They reassured me I hadn't broken anything but encouraged me to return the next day for an x ray if there was no improvement.

Response from Totnes Hospital

Dear Margot

Thank you for providing feedback, regarding your visit to Totnes Community Hospitals Minor Injury Unit. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was such a positive one. Staff really appreciate hearing about when things have gone well, therefore I have forwarded your comments to the managers responsible, for them to share with their teams.

If you would like to contact me further, please don't hesitate to do so using the details below.

Yours sincerely

Emma Davies

Feedback and Engagement Officer

Torbay & Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust

Bayhouse | Nicholson Road | Torquay | TQ2 7TD 01803 217397 feedback.t-sd@nhs.net

Torbay and Southern Devon

Health and Care NHS Trust

Nicholson Road

Torquay TQ2 7TD

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Margot,

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to this very satisfactory experience.

At Healthwatch we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss this or any health or social care issue with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.