"I was very pleased with the care and attention I received"

About: Northern General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

In late June I broke my wrist and sustained open left Distal Radius Fracture. This happened at approx. 3-00pm on the above date an ambulance was called and arrived about 15 minutes later. Firstly a responder car then a general ambulance which I found very good and the paramedics were very helpful and helped to pack my overnight bag for me.

On arrival at N. G. H I was immediately taken to A&E and the wound was dressed. I then had 2 radiographs taken, also an ultra sound. I was then transferred to the surgical assessment ward for the night. The following morning, I had an operation to remedy the fracture, later that day I was transferred to ward 7 Huntsman.

I was very pleased with the care and attention I received in all the above departments. And I was discharged a couple of days later. I am currently convalescing at my home address overall I would to thank all the people involved in my treatment. I shall be attending the out-patient dept for some weeks.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion, I was very pleased to learn about your positive experience.

You kind words will be passed on to all those concerned as staff do welcome such good feedback.

I hope you continue to do well in getting better.