"The paramedic was brilliant"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Recently I thought I was having a bad asthma attack having difficulty breathing so I called the emergency services. The paramedic who arrived was so helpful, he stayed with me for an hour checking my breathing and making sure I was absolutely fine before he left. He put the breathing difficulties down to acid reflux, checked my breathing was easier or whether there was need for further investigation or treatment at the hospital, and checked how I was feeling and whether I was comfortable without any other treatment. He was brilliant.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi Chat625

Thank you for taking time to share your story with us. I hope you are feeling better now.

It is always so rewarding to hear how our staff are delivering excellent care to patients when they need it most.

We would be very happy to pass on your kind words to the ambulance staff involved in your care, however we will need some additional information from you to do this. If you would like us to do this,may I ask you to contact the Patient Engagement Team on plaudits@swast.nhs.uk or 01392 453831and a member of the team will be happy to talk you through how we pass on thanks.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide our service with feedback.