"Hanen More Than Words Programme"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Speech and Language Therapy

(as a parent/guardian),

Referred via speech and language. This service came highly recommend. Since recently completing the sessions and utiling the skills taught to me by the service with my son, I can honestly say the improvement over the 3 months has been amazing.

Anne McDade has been good.

Response from Pauline Downie, Professional Lead, Speech & Language Therapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear B00266286

Thank you for your positive comments about the Speech and Language Therapy service.

We have been doing the Hanen More than Words programme in Lanarkshire for 15 years and have found it to be very successful in helping parents to help their child with practical day-to-day communication.

It also takes a big commitment from parents to put the strategies into practice and so I know that you must have put a lot of time and effort into using the Hanen approach.

We are very fortunate to have Anne in our department as she is an internationally recognised Hanen expert and has trained many of our own staff as well as Speech and Language Therapists across the globe! The Hanen website has a lot of helpful tips for all parents at www.hanen.org

I hope your son's communication continues to improve and that you enjoy the journey with him.