"Rehabilitation unit"

Absolutely disgusted and disappointed with the care my mother is receiving. Left in a state of undress for visitors to see- where is the dignity for her? She is in a confused state and yet they got her to sign a care plan - no consultation with family. When asked about what she had signed - she didn't know. Has taken a week to see physio - has not been allowed out of bed. Has gone backwards with her recovery - not forwards as I was told she would. No discussion with family at all about her care. When I asked was told they were too busy with paperwork to talk to me . Would not recommend Harty Ward.

Response from Sheppy Community Hospital

We are very sorry to hear you are unhappy about the care your mother is receiving and the lack of involvement of the family.

We’d like to try to put things right.

Can you please either talk to the Head of Clinical Services for Swale by telephoning 01795 418300 ex 3044 or contact the customer care team with your details and they will arrange for the Head of Clinical Services to contact you.

Many thanks.

Customer Care Team Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0300 123 1807

Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net