"My son has been treated for cataracts ..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

My son has been treated for cataracts at the hospital, and our experience has been very good. We have always been treated with respect by consultants and staff involved in his care, and facilities are very good in the children's outpatient department as well as on the ward.

The surgical ward has tended to be understaffed, taking some time for a routine discharge as not enough staff to do all that needs to be done.

The consultants we have seen at the hospital have been excellent, the eye surgeon is efficient, thorough and always available if we are having a problem. We have also seen a pulmonologist, who listened to us and understood the problems we were having -- and then managed to fix them. We owe so much to both of these doctors.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments; we are always pleased to hear about good patient experiences. Our staff are committed to providing quality care and really appreciate patients taking the time to thank them for their hard work. I shall ensure that your comments are passed on.

J. Roberts, Communications