"very bad communication and appointment mix ups"

About: The Christie

my nan was ment to recieve an appointment for a pet scan in may 2015 this appointment never arrived 8weeks later i rang her consultant to be told she was lost in the system and her appointment was sent to wrong address she has now had her pet scan and has been diagnosed as terminal no treatment was offered and yet again i had to chase up her appointment for her pet scan results 8 weeks her doctor didnt notice they hadnt seen my nan or any of her results how is this possible with a cancer patient thats bad careless and unacceptable im disgusted my nan has been treated like this i currently have a complaint in through pals and are determined to take this all the way if i can stop one more patient being treated the way my nan has then it is all worth it shame on you christie hospital!

Response from The Christie

We were very sorry to hear of this delay. We (the PALS team) have been in touch and an investigation to understand the circumstances is in progress. We will be meeting with the family to explain and discuss our findings.