"Maternity ward"

About: Hexham General Hospital

I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl at the RVI Newcastle and transfered to Hexham for my after care. The midwifes on the ward are worth their weight in gold! Every time I needed help they were their straight away so helpful and polite and gave me brilliant parenting tips to take with me. Couldn't thank them enough

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Emily,

Many, many congratulations on the birth of your baby girl - I hope you are enjoying countless precious moments together as a new family.

Thank you for finding the time to pay tribute to the midwives who cared for you at Hexham. I am glad that they supported you in every way possible and passed on lots of helpful tips about how to care for your new baby.

I can still remember how important that advice felt in the early days after giving birth to my son many years ago!

I hope you and your wee girl are thriving at home but do please let us know if there's anything you need.

with best wishes and thanks again,
Annie

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Emily,

with best wishes and thanks again, Annie