About: University Hospital Of North Tees

I attended this morning for a routine endoscopy/gastroscopy. Although I ended up waiting a total of 2 hours past my appointment time, I didn't mind for 2 reasons: 1. because the NHS does extremely well running on limited funding, and 2. because the clinical staff were absolutely excellent. I run a healthcare business and will be taking lessons from the experience to my next staff meeting. Every single person in the room greeted me by name and although the procedure was innately unpleasant (I opted not to have sedation and instead just had a few sprays of lidocaine at the back of my throat) I was made to feel relaxed and at ease throughout the procedure. Everything was explained thoroughly - before, during and afterwards. The registrar performed the procedure adeptly and swiftly, and the nurses were lovely. Thank you to all involved in changing my opinion of NHS hospitals, in particular North Tees, for the better.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

Dear Chris

Thank you for your positive comments. We are really pleased you felt very well cared for. We will make sure this feedback is passed back on to staff.