"Caring and helpful staff"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Right from the initial visit of seeing the consultant, the pre-op assessment, to being admitted, I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. On the morning of my op I was informed of procedure by the anaesthetist and nursing staff and was made to feel as relaxed as possible.

After the op I found the ward staff, physios and occupational therapists (although they were busy) to be caring and helpful.

The night staff were as prompt as they possibly could be when needed and show how always managed to be cheerful and kind.

I would like to praise the standard of food – a good choice and tasty – served by very helpful staff.

All in all, a hospital to be recommended and one that Grantham and its surrounding districts could not do without.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Colourful321,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience from the orthopaedic team in Grantham.

We all try very hard to ensure that we provide as good an experience as possible. The staff on the wards and in the kitchen will be pleased that they have made your stay as pleasant as it could be.

Rachel Clifton MSc MCSP Grad Dip Phys

Acting Trust Lead Physiotherapist

Site Lead Physiotherapist – Grantham

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Colourful321,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

It really does provide a boost to the staff on the ward to know their hard work is appreciated.

I will make sure your comments are shared with them.

Thank you once again.