"emenrgency department"

About: New Cross Hospital

my father was taken in to a&e on friday afternoon by ambulance with chest pain, dizziness palpitations. He was grey and clammy. The room he put in was disgusting there was used dressings on the floor which was also blood stained, i know they are busy but in the interest of infection control it should have been cleaned. The doctor was more focused on what was causing him to be dizzy then the reat of the symptoms. They never talked about admission until i asked if they were admitting him when they did the mrsa swab(i work in a GP surgery so realised this meant an admission) the doctors never discussed what tests they were doing with us and all we got when we asked is everything is normal!! This is obviously not the case if you are admitting him!!! When they put the canular in he bleed quite badly due to medication he is on and they just left him covered in blood, i eneded up cleaning up after them as they didnt care.

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for for taking the time to post your comments relating to your father's patient experience in our Emergency Department.

I am sorry for any distress that this matter has caused you.

To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who can assist you further.

Kindest regards