"Well done A & E at Eastbourne General Hospital!"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

We had to call 999 for an ambulance for my husband while out with friends in Bexhill this week. I would like to commend and thank both the 2 ambulance crews who attended and the A & E staff for their prompt and efficient handling of his case. From the arrival of the ambulance (within 5 minutes) to the treatment he received in A & E, we could not fault the service we received. We had to wait an hour for a cubicle in A & E but the ambulance teams (3 staff) stayed with us, monitored my husband and chatted and reassured me. When we were admitted to the ward, he was immediately connected to a heart monitor and fully checked over, blood taken etc., and given the necessary medication. Members of staff checked back regularly to see how he was progressing and I am happy to say that he was able to be discharged within the four hours allowed.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you for letting us know about your personal experience of emergency services when your husband became unwell and was taken to Eastbourne DGH A&E department by Ambulance crews. Naturally this would have been an incredibly worrying time for you both so we are pleased to hear that you felt that all staff handled your case promptly and efficiently. We are glad to hear that your husband progressed well and was discharged in good time. Please be assured that we will share your posting with the staff concerned at Eastbourne DGH and will also forward your posting to South East Coast Ambulance Service.