"my experience at wrightington"

About: Wrightington Hospital

I was having problems with a very painful hip /knee and was referred to a consultant at my local hospital , the waiting list for the consultation was months and to be honest was not keen on having any surgery there.i also had not been told that I had a choice as to where I would prefer to go. A friend who had a hip replacement recommended wrightington . I spoke to my G.P and was lucky enough to be seen very quickly . I had my surgery last week 29 th July and I can not praise them enough from the first appointment until now has been a hassle free experience. The place runs like clockwork the staff are helpful and friendly . Wards spotless, food fresh and good, nurses very hard working and there for you every need as are therapists. And mega than you to my consultant and their team for giving me a chance to get my life back on track ( walking is my passion. ). Admin staff and anyone I may have forgotten thank you. Could not have had better treatment anywhere. Ern.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your patient journey and experience at Wrightington Hospital. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the staff involved in your care; who I am sure will be very grateful for your feedback, and will be pleased to note that you are now back enjoying your walking.