"First class service"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service

My father in law had a fall in his garden. The ambulance was great and the paramedic had a really positive attitude. The only downside was a time delay in A & E, but overall it was a first class service.

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your father in law's recent experience of A&E - I'm glad that this was a positive one and that he was well looked after at all points. Waiting times at A&E can sometimes be a challenge when managing the variety of things people attend with, and making sure that the most serious cases are seen as a priority. I am glad though that this didn't impact negatively on the overall experience your father in law had.

I hope he is now doing well and thank you again for getting in touch,

Best Wishes,

• RAH thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by RAH (a relative)

The Ambulance crew should be praised I witnessed them rushing through traffic to get to him and they were fab and looked after him well.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear RAH

I was very sorry to hear that your father in law had had afall but really pleased to read your positive feedback about the ambulance crewand the overall care that your father in law received.

I would really like to try and pass on your feedback to theambulance crew who attended to your father in law and wondered if you would beable to provide me with a few more details so that I can try and confirm whothey were?

You can contact me on 0131 314 0003 or at martinesposito@nhs.net

In the mean time, please pass on my best wishes to yourfather in law. I do hope that he is recovering well.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Take care