"They made a daunting experience into a positive one"

About: Frimley Park Hospital / Gastroenterology

On Monday this week I attended the endoscopy unit at FPH. The level of care I received was excellent - from the welcome given to me by the unit's receptionist, to the courtesy and concern I was shown by all the clinicians I came into contact with. My choices with regard to pain relief and sedation were clearly explained and my preference (for no sedation) listened to and acted upon with the doctor making it clear that I could change my mind during the procedure if I wanted or needed to.

Whilst I was waiting for the procedure to begin, staff kept me informed about how long I had to wait and concern for my comfort and wellbeing was evident. They made what could have been a daunting experience into a positive one. I would like to thank them for this.

Response from Claire Marshall, Head of Patient Involvement, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am pleased that the whole experience was a positive one. I will share your comments with the team as well, and they will be delighted to read them.

Kind Regards