"Excellent Nursing Staff"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

I was admitted to Wishaw General Hospital late July to early August. Most of the time I was in Ward 5.

Two nurses in particular were absolutely fantastic: Nicola Hughes and Anne Gaffney. Nicola is extremely hardworking and diligent, has a wise head on young shoulders and is an excellent example of her profession. Anne on the other hand exuded experience and put my mind at ease, when in the middle of the night, I was feeling somewhat scared. She too is extremely hardworking and diligent. Both of these nurses deserve the highest of honours.

Also, it would be remiss of me to omit to mention two nursing assistants who also, went over and above, the call of duty: Trisha Standerwick and Morag Marshall.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital and in particular Ward 5. I indeed hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your very positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in Ward 5, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback and particularly those you have personally named.