"Unexpected visit"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Went into accident and emergency with numb side of head. Was seen very quickly and assessed. Promptly being put into another area to be assessed again. Moved straight into ward F4 where I had scans and was assessed again. Spent 2 nights in hospital where staff were very good with myself and all other patience there. Turned out that I hadn't had a Stoke but all was done in case I had. Thank you for your care and quick acting.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Jane

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about your experiences in the Emergency and Stroke Department. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the Teams involved.

I am relieved to hear that the outcome was good and take this opportunity to wish you well for the future. Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise.

Kind regards.