"NHS Treatment centre, Nottingham"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Gastroenterology

I have nothing but praise for the NHS Treatment Centre on the campus of the QMC in Nottingham. The Medilink bus took us smoothly from the main Hospital entrance to the Treatment Centre, and the driver was friendly and helpful. The Centre was clean and neat, with every section clearly labelled. The staff were all helpful, polite and efficient. I had a colonoscopy in the endoscopy suite, and throughout the procedure I was treated with respect and consideration, everyone checking frequently that I was OK with what was being done. The staff in the recovery area were friendly and attentive, and the coffee and biscuits were very welcome. I went home with a printed copy of the report, including photos. Not everyone can say they have seen right inside their own colon - I found it fascinating!

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback. The Treatment Centre is run by Circle (rather than NUH), however, I will pass on your lovely feedback. We are very lucky to have the Medilink bus service, which made some 1.3million trips between our hospitals last year, helping to relieve congestion on the city’s roads and in and around our hospital.

Sarah Kennedy.

Patient Experience officer

• witherspoon thinks this response is helpful