"Swimming sessions were fun"

About: Hawtonville Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

A bit late (sorry! ).....

Just wanted to say how we enjoyed and appreciated the swimming sessions which ran at The grove Leisure Centre, Newark.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating to enable me to attend sessions with my 4 and 1. 5 year olds. My eldest has swimming lessons through The Grove. My intention was to consider ending those and just going with SureStart but in the end he did them both. He swam under my supervision whilst one of the instructors took my youngest. Mostly this worked well although sometimes I ended up with them both!

The sessions were fun and excellent value at £2 per session. Initially we felt that the sessions could benefit from more variety and from more work on actual 'technique' rather than just being fun - the feedback was taken on board and implemented straight away so that each week contained different things/tasks and each element seemed to have more purpose (if that makes sense).

Also - the sessions were flexible. Although they didn't run in the holidays this suited us. Also, if you weren't able to make a session you didn't have to pay (as long as you let them know) which was also great.

I look forward to returning in September.

The only small piece of 'constructive' feedback I have is that we were led to believe that the children would earn badges/certificates? This didn't happen. I appreciate that the younger ones may not have been bothered but I'm sure the slightly older ones would have loved that?

Thanks

Response from Marina George, Children's Centre Co-ordinator, Sure Start Children's Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback regards the swimming sessions at the Grove. I'm pleased to hear that you found the sessions fun as well as good value and that the instructors took your comments on board regards improvements to sessions. We look forward to seeing you again in September