"Mix up of patients identity"

About: South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw St Mary's Hospital / General medicine

(as other),

My husband received a letter dated for mid July from St Marys hospital MRI unit for an examination of his aorta whole for April 2016 and had the same letter forwarded to his own GP in Sheffield! Advising what medication he should be given.

I would like to state that although you have my husbands correct name and address and d. o. b and nhs number it isn't the same person which you have been seeing in your clinic and it isn't the same person which you saw several weeks ago in the dissection clinic!

I have informed South Yorkshire police on this matter as me and my husband are extreamly concerned. We live in Sheffield and have never been to your hospital. This matter needs resolving and quickly as it could have catastrohic consequences if my husband was given the wrong medication for something he hasn't had done.

I would like a very fast response to this as we are both very concerened about the situation xx

Response from Guy Young, Deputy Director of Patient Experience, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for you comment.

We were most concerned to hear about this mix up and apologise that is has happened. In order for us to fix the problem and to stop it happening again we will need your husband's details.

Please could you contact PALS on pals@imperial.nhs.uk or 020 3313 0088 so that we can resolve this.