"My life was saved by their professionalism"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Brain, spinal and nerve problems

I was admitted to ward 64 Southern General Hos in May 2015 following emergency admission, having had a subarchnoid haemorrage. The level of care from this ward was outstanding, if not the best that one can get.

I was admitted for a 15 day stay and was very poorly the first week. The level of leadership from the nursing staff/ sisters makes everything work so well. All staff were v respectful and all took pride in their work, which was lovely to witness. I believe that my life was saved by their professionalism and I will be forever grateful.

My life has unfortunaley changed forever and I am still off sick and in recovery 7 weeks since discharge. I feel however v grateful to the nhs and the deciated staff who allowed me to have a fighting chance. I do not usually write reviews, but I feel so strongly that this ward deserves a big thank you.

Dear attitudewiththought

I am so pleased to read that you are on the road to recovery following such a serious and potentially life threatening diagnosis. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your heartfelt thanks on Patient Opinion. It is clear from your post, that the way in which our staff provided care to you, following your emergency admission made a significant impact during your stay in Ward 64 and that will remain with you for a very long time.

The staff in Ward 64 will be delighted to hear that the care they provided was so gratefully received.

I hope that your recovery continues well and thank you again for sharing such kind words about your care.

Best wishes

• attitudewiththought thinks this response is helpful