"Friday, 24 July visit with my husband."

About: St Austell Community Hospital

My husband was feeling unwell and we were on holiday in Charlestown. We attended and a very pleasant receptionist organised for him to be seen by a nurse. We waited approx 15 mins before being seen by the nurse and a trainee nurse. Both nurses were so very kind, helpful and thorough. Fortunately nothing untoward was found after my husband had many tests. The nurse then spent approx half an hour trying to arrange for my husband to be seen by a Doctor as there was no Doctor at the Community Hospital. They eventually managed to get through to a local practice and we were asked to go there immediately. My husband attended the appointment, again given reassurance and asked to go back there if he still felt unwell at any time. The service and kindness and patience we received by the nurses and the Doctor at the practice was wonderful. Thank you everyone. Please do pass this message onto all the staff. Thank you Sue and Kevin. Billericay, Essex.

Response from St Austell Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices website following your visit to the Minor Injury Unit at St Austell Community Hospital. We strive to provide excellent patient care and thank you once again for your kind comments.