"Exceptional care in Scotland"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

After staying in a nearby hotel in Hamilton, I contracted appendicitis. Having been rushed to Wishaw accident and emergency the attentiveness and care shown to me from the outset was amazing. Having been in hospital in England I have to say Scottish NHS care is second to none in comparison.

I have had the full care and attention of all the staff and the way the whole process is managed up here in Scotland is exceptional in every way in comparison to England.

I felt I needed to praise the Wishaw General hospital for all its fabulous work ALL of the staff do. You are all amazing people and thankyou for the care you have given me.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear AndreaMo

I am sorry to hear that you developed appendicitis while visiting Scotland that must have been difficult being away from your family and friends.

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about your care in Wishaw General Hospital I am pleased you received good care and attention from amazing people.

Please be assured I will share your comments with the staff involved in your care they will be delighted to receive this feedback.

I hope you are making a full recovery.

Best Wishes

• AndreaMo thinks this response is helpful