"Physiotherapy while an inpatient at St.Peter's..."

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

My wife who has Dementia was admitted to MAU then Maple Ward, following a fall, in a very confused state and unable to stand unaided for what turned out to be a four week stay as an inpatient. With dedication and intensive therapy from the Physiotherapy Team my wife eventually managed to walk with the help of a Delta Frame. This coupled with the patience and care of the nursing staff greatly contributed to my wife making sufficient progress to be transferred to a Nursing Home for rehabilitation to prepare her for a return home with the assistance of a package of care. Both my wife and I will be forever indebted to all those who work on Maple Ward but especially the Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Team for all you have done over these past few weeks. It is thanks to them that my wife now has a element of mobility when all appeared to be lost.

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here. We are really pleased to hear that you found the care for your wife of a high standard and that she has been able to regain some of her mobility back. We will make sure that your lovely comments are shared with our staff. Thanks again.