"just how long should you wait ?"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I am currently sat on surgical assessment unit with my son who is in alot of pain. He has had surgery on Sunday and his GP thinks he may have an infection... He has been sat here 6 hrs! Apparently there is no surgeons available to see him! It's truely frightening ....he hasn't seen by a doctors either and all he is being given is the same pain medication he has at home.. What are we supposed to do? He is sat on a hard chair and there are no beds. There seems to be plenty of staff wandering around chatting and it doesn't seem very busy. Regarding the beds... I have been looking at an empty one for the last 3 hours... There is also no privacy.. terrible

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was so sorry to hear of your son's experience when he attended the Surgical Assessment Unit a few days ago and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail with you and/or your son. If you are happy to do so, can I ask you to please contact our Customer Care department on 01772 522521 to speak to me.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing your feedback. We were sorry to hear of your son's experience when he attended the Surgical Assessment Unit recently and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail with you or your son if you feel that would be helpful. Should you be happy to do so, can we ask you to please contact our Customer Care department on 01772 522521.