"an appointment for the opthalmology dept."

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

I had an appointment made for a pre op ass with the above dept, via the telephone for 28th july, 2015. Out of the blue on the 24th july, I got another letter for an app. on 26th august, having had the app for 28th july, (which was my 70th birthday) I'd to cancel my birthday celebrations, as I didnt want to keep clock watching at a party to go home and get my phone call, I cancelled my birth. celebrations, and was annoyed on the 24th july, when I got another app. for 26th august. No explanation as to why the first app. had been cancelled, yet if I'd to cancel, I would have to say the reason why.

I am a stroke victim, and also have aspergers and to get myself organised for app. like this, takes a while, and then to have it cancelled, and make a phone call to find out why, Still with no explanation. I am very very angry at the NHS for doing this.

I do not get any help financially, and since January, this year, have had to have two lots of new prescriptions for glasses, as my eyes are getting worse, and what angers me more is the fact, you seem able to cancel things, and yet, my optician said, my eyes were ready for the ops. and now its been put back another 5 weeks. I have written a letter to NHS Ayrshire and Arran and I feel this letter has obviously gone in the bin, as this dept has not even replied to me.

What on earth is going on? I would like an explanation of some kind.

Dear misty miller,

How annoying and frustrating. I see why you want an explanation and that is something I should be able to get for you. If you let me know your name and date of birth I will look into this further for you. You can contact me by email on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222. I can also arrange for a meeting with a manager if you would like to discuss this.

I hope your operation goes well and I also hope you had a lovely birthday despite this.

Best wishes,