"Staff need more recognition"

About: Overmills

(as a service user),

I think it’s very good at Overmills.

The staff are very good here but don’t get enough recognition. I would like to see recognition in the local paper of their work.

My daughter got me into coming to the day centre. I like the companionship. Staff can’t do enough for you. I just play dominoes but there are lots of other activities. Staff cater for everybody.

It couldn’t really be much better here but maybe a bit more choice with the food, it’s always the same.

Response from Frank McMenemy, Community Care Manager - Adult Services, South Ayrshire Council (Provider)

I am pleased to hear that you value our staff so highly, We recognise that the input and efforts of staff is critical in delivering a quality service. I agree with you that it would be nice to get positive recognition from the local press about the service we offer to Older People, more importantly though is the views expressed by people like yourself, people who use the service, these are the views that really count.

In relation to your comments about more choice with regards to the meals, this is asomething I will look at.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your views, we do appreciate it.