"useless and a waste of time"

I got referred there by my GP. INitially I had high hopes, reading on their leaflets how they provide people with a 'coach' who will 'motivate' you. Now, I wasn't really pretending much. I just told the 'therapist' (whatever it's called) that I was going through a very dark period in my life, that I was getting multiple health problems, and that I was going through it while dealing with pretty much complete isolation. Long story short: I might as well have talked to a wall. The 'therapist' seemed distant, didn't agree with one thing I said just because they could not make sense of them, because they weren't going through what I was going, and therefore could not understand. Now, I wasn't expecting miracles. But after the 'session' I felt worse than I was feeling earlier, I felt I just told my problems to someone who didn't really care. So much for the 'coach' ! Might as well talk to wall. And another thing: I have tried similar 'mental health services' in the past 15 years, maybe two or three times and always with similar results: feeling like it was just a big waste of time. Way to go.

Response from The Whittington Hospital at Hornsey Central

Sorry to hear this. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch through our patient advice and liaison service on 020 7288 5551 or whh-tr.whitthealthPALS@nhs.net.